Malaysian Beauty & Lifestyle Blogger

Elf Mineral Lipstick (Party Pink & Pouty Petal)

*Some photos were from yesterday's post but there's no way I'm putting all these photos together in one post lol

Being a lipstick lover and an Elf freak, how could I not buy the Elf lipsticks? I found the mineral ones to look so classy so I decided to buy some. There were so many colours to choose from but the swatches I found online seemed pretty similar for the colours I wanted so I settled with these 2 : Party Pink & Pouty Petal.


I was so excited when I got my parcel and immediately searched for the lipsticks. I opened Party Pink first and guess what? The lipstick was stuck in the cover and it fell out =_=" So I had to push it back into the base and clean up the mess. The Elf logo + wordings for Party Pink were also faded. Figured it was old stock.


Swatches


On lip swatches for Party Pink


Now, Pouty Petal


First photo taken without flash, while the rest are with flash. As you can see, it's a pretty dark pink.


And then I decided to do something stupid. Make faces and post them on my blog. Wow! what a great idea! >_<"

Surprised
Sad
Happy / Laughing
Angry
Bored
Hmm.. / Thinking
Scary
Lol I hope I didn't scare you with the last photo. These lenses are really big..

Party Pink was much creamier than Pouty Petal. I guess being old stock also meant softer lipstick? I almost couldn't get any colour out of Pouty Petal at first because it was so solid. Comparing the colours, I like Party Pink better. Some days, it looks really pink (but wearable) but on other days it has a hint of coral in it. It depends on the colour of my lips. Pouty Petal is a pink colour. I wish it was brighter though, like how it looks like with flash. Both colours are matte and quite creamy. They're not very moisturising but not very drying either.

There's no colour indicator on the top and I am certainly not going to store this upside down after the lipstick-falling-out-of-the-tube incident. However, since I only have 2 and the Party Pink has a faded logo, it's quite easy to differentiate them in the box where I keep them.

Product says : Now you can hydrate your lips and get a lasting soft color naturally! This nourishing blend of exotic oils, natural waxes, vitamins and plant extracts create the perfect moisturizing formula. The sleek lipstick has superior color payoff, glides easily onto lips, and is long wearing. Lips stay perfectly hydrated and soft throughout the day for no fuss, lip loving happiness. All our mineral makeup is 100% mineral based with no parabens, no preservatives and no chemical dyes.
Ingredients :
  • Jojoba Oil soothes, moisturizes and softens the skin. 
  • Coconut Oil is a moisturizing remedy to prevent wrinkles and sagging. 
  • Candelilla Wax protects the skin against moisture loss. 
  • Castor Oil is soothing, rich in antioxidants and helps to prevent aging.
  • Shea Butter is deep penetrating and long acting. It is needed to restore the skin's moisture balance and prevent visible signs of aging and wrinkles. 
  • Olive Oil combats aging and locks in moisture. 
  • Tocopherol is a Vitamin E derivative and is a powerful antioxidant helping the skin look younger and promotes skin healing. 
  • Ascorbyl Palmitate is a Vitamin C derivative that promotes healthy skin and vitality. 
  • Retinyl Palmitate is a Vitamin A derivative that is a powerful anti-oxidant that increases skin elasticity, yielding younger looking skin and helps to smooth out fine lines. 
  • Mica ingredients impart a soft focus effect that creates a natural, healthy, and youthful glow that instantly fills facial lines to reduce the appearance of wrinkles. 
  • Titanium Dioxide is also an important ingredient because of its ability to provide sun protection to the skin. 
Size : 3.8 g
Price : RM 14 / $5
Bought from : Elf Cosmetics (via mandyl from LowYat.net)
Made in China

Pros : Recyclable, wide range of shades, creamy
Cons : Inaccurate colours on website, a lil pricey compared to other Elf lipsticks
My conclusion : I'm okay with wearing these but I would prefer more moisturising lipsticks. They make nice gifts since the packaging is kinda nice. Colours on website are so inaccurate, it makes choosing the right shade tough.

6 comments:

  1. I always wanted to get ELF Mineral lipstick..How come you can get RM14 so cheap? Everytime I look at the price from spree is so exp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Happy / Laughing look ~ Looks so dramatic ! lol...
    anyway the lippies color looks nice on you ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. where did you get your contacts from? what colour and how much? thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Anonymous,
    You can find out more about my contact lenses here : http://sugarcoatedmuffin.blogspot.com/2010/09/puffy-3-tone-lens-pink.html

    ReplyDelete

Posts from the Past