Malaysian Beauty & Lifestyle Blogger

Elf Plumping Lip Glaze (Baby Doll)


The Elf Plumping Lip Glaze. Lipgloss on one side and a lip plumper on the other. It's small and combines 2 lip products in one. Very good for chucking into the bag (especially when you don't carry big bags like me!). I also love the colour.. Mine is in Baby Doll.

Here's my bare lips. You can see all the lip lines and my lips are quite pale today.


One coat of the lip plumper side. Of course, I waited about 2-3 minutes before taking this. This should have given the plumper enough time to act. It works and feels just like any other lip plumper. Slight stinging sensation like the kind you get when you eat a very spicy bowl of curry mee. This was taken at a slightly different angle so I'm not sure about the plumping effect as my lips weren't very thin to begin with. Lip lines are noticeably less visible and my lips are redder (signs of the lip plumper working at least a little).


Then one coat of the lip gloss side in Baby Doll. I super love this colour! It's so natural and has fine shimmer in it. I love lip glosses with shimmer..


Close up. You can really see the shimmer on the upper lip here.


And the minty taste is good too! But I guess this is bad.. Since I'll lick all the lip gloss >.<


It has the usual doe foot applicator which is really easy to use.

You must be thinking. Wow.. $1 for so much? The amount of lip gloss and plumper in the tube looks like a lot! So worth it. NOT! If you look from the bottom, there's actually really little product in there. It's only a wee bit bigger than the applicator. And if you don't want to use the lip plumper (a lot of people don't like the stinging), then there's even less for you to use!

Oh yeah, this lip gloss is kinda thick so that's why I could turn it upside down for this photo.


The opening can also get a bit messy.


So since I liked Baby Doll, I decided to order more of it. I couldn't decide but in the end I settled for only one, in Peach Passion. The website shows it to be a bright orange. You can imagine my disappointment when I finally got it after a month of waiting and it turned out to be a pink!!!! Like seriously pink. It kinda looked like the Baby Doll, except slightly lighter in colour.

Product says : Forget costly Collagen injections, or those painfully stinging glosses, stimulate your senses to a refreshed full perfect pout with e.l.f. Plumping Lip Glaze! e.l.f. proudly presents a revolutionary lip plumper, infusing natural ingredients that awaken your senses for fresh, volume enhanced, and moisturized lips. This dual sided Plumping Lip Glaze has a tinted color for a subtle plump or a clear gloss that power plumps your lips, use together and instantly feel the lip enlarging effects
Ingredients : Paraffinum Liquidum, Polybutene, Silica, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Titanium Dioxide Yellow No. 10, Aluminum Lake (CI 47005), Yellow No.5, Aluminum Lake (CI 19140 ), Orange No.5 (CI 45370), Red No.27 Aluminum Lake(CI 45410:2), Iron Oxide(CI 77499)
Price : RM 5.50
Bought from : Elf (via hubby_enny of LowYat.net)
Made in China

Pros : No weird/ridiculously sweet smell, lovely colour, shimmery, 2-in-1 product, stinging is bearable, cheap
Cons : Inaccurate colours on website, little product, doesn't plump much
My conclusion : I would probably not repurchase this as I can get a big tube of the Super Glossy Lip Shine Spf 15 for the same price! Not that I like that more, just that the amount is very little. Besides, I still have the Peach Passion to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posts from the Past