Malaysian Beauty & Lifestyle Blogger

Elf Duo Eyeshadows (Butter Pecan, Olive & Black Licorice)


One of my new eyeshadow additions, the Elf Duo Eyeshadows in Olive. The plastic packaging is not bad for $1. It could look much worse for that price. I was expecting to only use the light green from this as the darker shade looked like a brown on the website :


Fortunately, it turned out to be a beautiful olive colour so it's not bad..


I already had Butter Pecan while the other 2 are new. As you can see, it gets pretty 'lumpy' after you've used it for a while.

 Butter Pecan, Black Licorice & Olive

Swatches in the same order. Both with primer, above with brush while below is with my finger. Pigmentation is not that good with a brush but is definitely better with the finger. In fact, I was quite shocked! For RM 6.50, this is very good!


Staying power is good for the price. It doesn't really fade or crease (at least not on me..). However, the outcome wasn't very good when I wore Black Licorice on my eyes. Will try it again. I like the fact that the colours are paired so for people who travel, they just need to bring one for a complete look.

Product says : If you’d like to add depth & dimension to your eyes… compliment your natural eye color… or just draw more attention to your eyes, then you’ll love our Essentials Duo Eyeshadow. With 2 beautiful powder eyeshadows in 1 convenient component, our Two-in-One Makeup lets you wear each gorgeous shade alone or together for a dramatic effect.

Apply shadow to upper eyelid, blending in the lighter shade to illuminate and the darker shade for contouring and lining to achieve desired effect.
Ingredients : Talc, Mica, Mineral Oil, Petolatum, Zinc Sterate, Kaolin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide (CI 77499), Yellow No. 5 Aluminum Lake (CI 19140:1), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red No. 7 Calcium Lake (CI 15850:0), Blue No. 1 Aluminum Lake (CI 42090:2)
Size : 0.14 oz / 4 g
Price : RM 6.50 / $1
Bought from : Elf (through sprees in Lowyat.NET)
Made in China
Pros : Pigmented with finger, cheap, a lot for $1
Cons : Not so pigmented with brush
My conclusion : I hope Elf comes out with more colours as I would be interested to get them! I'm afraid Mocha Swirl will make my eyes look swollen while Blueberry kinda looks like Black Licorice (since the black isn't really BLACK).

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review!
    I really want to try out some ELF products but I need more money first :3 hehe

    /reply from my blog post/ I agree! Sometimes I reckon the people who have never had that many boyfriends before or etc are maybe jealous? if they say those type of things. Or just ...I don't know. I'm pretty sure once they go through the same thing ..they'll act differently !

    ReplyDelete

Posts from the Past