Malaysian Beauty & Lifestyle Blogger

I Nuovi Lip Polish (Tulip)

Another red product to usher in the new year xD


This is the I Nuovi Lip Polish which I won from Beetrice. When I got the product.. RED?! Absolutely not like the swatch provided.. =/ Mine is Tulip, which is supposed to be pinkish but it looks more like Cinnamon + Wolfberry. Was disappointed but decided to give it a try anyway. I never wear red but they say.. The first step is a red gloss. The silver cap is a fingerprint magnet too. It may irk some but I don't really care.

When I took the applicator out, I noticed that there was a stray hair and I had to pull it out, causing a small mess. The applicator is okay.. But it picks up too much product for me as I want it sheer. It smells of vanilla but after application, it's barely noticeable.


Swatches on my arm. One swipe is already very pigmented but you can layer on for more.


I tried sheering it down so it's more comfortable to wear but it's still so red! For this, I only dabbed it 4 times and smeared it with my finger. It wasn't easy to spread though so it obviously wasn't intended for that use. Sheered, the shimmer looks kinda bad as it's dry too. Looks like leftover gloss =(

Apart from the dryness, it's actually okay.. Doesn't streak or migrate much for a red shade. It just sorta sticks onto my lips.

Yup.. Mt. BigNRedPimple decided to pop up on my forehead right in time for Chinese New Year.


Added more gloss.. And I just realised that there's a huge blob of gloss on my lower lip lol It looks better now, not so dry but still not a pretty sight.


Here's 3 layers. I think it looks best thick but I don't like the colour here. I feel that it makes me look older =( Maybe it'll be better with makeup. It may look okay in pics but believe me.. It's different in real life.

Somehow it looked better with a red hat =/

 No, I'm not naked in the 2nd pic


I'm not so fond of the colour. Don't know if I'll have the courage to wear it =( I'm not the only one who thinks the swatch it way off as well. It's not too sticky but sticky and thick enough to last on your lips.

Product says : Fragrance free, no animal testing & no animal products.
Ingredients : Polybutene, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Octydodecanol, Isostearyl Isostearate, Polyethylene, Diisostearoyl, Trimethylolpropane Siloxy Silicate, Calcium Aluminium Borosilicate, Propylparaben, Flavor, Silica, BHT, Tin Oxide.
Size : 5 g
Made in Italy

Pros : Very pigmented, smells good, not easy to spread
Cons : Dry, bad swatches

My conclusion : I don't like the dryness so I won't be purchasing this. It's like one of those lipstick-gloss products. The pigmentation of a lipstick with the application of a gloss.

** I won this product from a contest and did not pay for it. However, this has not affected my thoughts on the product in any way.

1 comment:

Posts from the Past