Malaysian Beauty & Lifestyle Blogger

Elf Brightening Eye Colour (Day 2 Night)

I'm bad at matching eyeshadows so I like palettes over single eyeshadows. Plus, it's easier to bring 1 palette out than several separate eyeshadows =/ There are about 7 of these Elf palettes in my drawer and this has become my utmost favourite among them since dark eyes are just my thing.

The Elf Brightening Eye Colours come with 4 shades, a sucky applicator (better use your fingers) and a mirror so small, it's unusable. IMO, 4 eyeshadow shades for RM 6.50 is just ridiculous!


The cream shade is the perfect highlighter shade for me. From the name, I suppose you could use this to transform a day look to a night look just by adding the dark gray.


Now.. For a measly RM 1+ per colour, the quality has gotta be really bad, right? 
WRONG!


Okay.. Fine.. Without primer, it's chalky and the cream barely shows plus the purple isn't really purple but I'm sure you can afford their primer which is also RM 6.50.. When applied above a primer, it's smooth and pigmented yet easy to blend.

These are from my Refa roadshow job. I actually wore this for a few days and got numerous compliments ^_^


Paired with black eyeliner and lots of mascara~


It lasted all the way from 8 am til 10 pm. That's more than 12 hours! Definitely something I can wear to work and not worry about it fading. It's so tiny and portable too ^_^

Product says : Luxuriously smooth, corn silk formula provides eyes with a neutral base and an awakened brightness. The formula blends into skin for a long lasting, beautiful effect. Each quad is comprised of 4 coordinating shades that allow for both natural and dramatic looks. Mirror in compact included.
Ingredients : Talc, Mica, Zinc Stearate, Kaolin, Paraffinium Liquidu(Mineral Oil), Petrolatum, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, MethylParaben, Propylparaben, Iron Oxides (CI 77491 , CI 77492 , CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035), Ultramarine Violet (CI 77077), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090)
Price : RM 6.50 / $ 1
Bought from : Elf
Made in China

Pros : Cheap, pigmented, smooth, long lasting, easy to blend, small
Cons : Bad brush, mirror too small, chalky without primer

My conclusion : Love love LOVE! I'm not a fan of black smokey eyes (because I've yet to master it lol) so this is a great alternative ^_^

6 comments:

  1. what a beautiful look! i love ELF, really affordable & the quality is decent. i think u did a great job :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey. I just ordered it! Now I can't wait to get it. :) DO you have the Drama palette? If you do, can you make a review on it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the look! do they ship to Malaysia?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ ShinyPrettyThings
    Thanks ^_^ I like elf too! xD

    @ shortsandshirts
    I do but I have not used it since I'm not too impressed.. (also, I'm bad at black smokeys lol) Will see what I can do =)

    @ queerpinkfish
    Elf doesn't but you can get spree holders to order them for you. Elf sends it to a US address who then sends it to the spree holder who distributes it to us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, it's simply AMAZING for the price! I still can't believe it every time I use it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOLed when I read your comment hahaha!

    ReplyDelete

Posts from the Past